Swayam, the entrepreneurship club at Indian Institute of Science,is a
student-run platform to create the spirit of enterprise-creation amongst its science
and technology students. The purpose of Swayam can be summarized in 5I's:
- *Inform* students about facilities and opportunities on campus to
- *Inculcate* the spirit of entrepreneurship amongst the student community.
- *Inspire* students to take the "leap" from their labs to the real world
by converting their work into viable businesses.
- *Incubate* ideas through brain storming sessions and Idea pitching
sessions to help students evaluate their ideas
- *Initiate* a change in the student community to think and consider the
option of research being turned into valuable start-ups.